STAMPEDE RED BLEND 14 Hands
2014 STAMPEDE RED BLEND
- After warmer than averge 2012 and 2013 vintages, 2014 in Eastern Washington was one of the warmest seasons in decades with favorable temperature conditions extending into fall.
- Overall, 2014 was a pleasant growing season; ripening was excellent for all varieties in all locations.
- Grapes were gently de-stemmed into traditional upright fermenters.
- After 24-48 hours of cold soaking to extract fruit flavors, the must was warmed and then inoculated to begin 5-7 day fermentations.
- Pumpovers occurred twice daily to further extract color, flavors and tannins.
- A malolactic conversion immediately followed primary fermentation,enhancing complexity and reducing acidity.
- Barrel aging took place in mostly neutral French and American oak for nearly 2 years to soften the wine. The final blend was assembled just weeks prior to bottling.
- All varieties were vinified and aged separately with blending occurring just prior to bottling.
" This robust red blend kicks things off with aromas of spice and cedar, leading to flavors of cola and cherry. A lighter oak regimen shows off the wine's unique characteristics, including lively acidity and a dramatic enduring finish."
RECOMMENDED FOOD PAIRINGS
Food Pairings: Spicy Indian Curries, Tandoori Chicken, Korean style BBQ
Appellation : Columbia Valley
Alcohol: 13.5 %
Blend: Syrah, Merlot, Viognier, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Mourvedre TA 0.54g/100 ml
PH : 3.82